Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Portland, OR and Spokane, WA

After we  left Neskowin, (where I know want to purchase a vaca home) we went to Katy and Steve's home in Portland.  What a beautiful place all nestled in trees.  Another one of our classmates from Humboldt was in town for a wedding and the three of us met up at Katy's and caught up on life.  You know you have good friends when you haven't seen each other for 35 years and still can sit down and talk for hours.  Nancy retired from the Marines and lives near San Diego, so hopefully we will be able to see each other before another 35 years goes by.

After we left Portland, we went to Spokane and saw Don Kahl and his wife Patty.  What they did to their backyard is amazing.  It is a huge pond with a waterfall, tons of flowers and a wonderful garden.  Patty gave us a cabbage that is the size of a basketball!

The next day we went to my brother's in Kalispell, spent the night and now we are in beautiful downtown Brady.

I had to delete my app and reinstall it, so I am going to download what pictures I have in case I have troubles with it again.  Thanks Pam Martin for reminding me how to delete stuff of my ipad.
These are at Katy's beach house.


These are of Katy's Portland home.
Donny Kahl's garden in Spokane
The pond that takes up their entire backyard.  It was a koi pond, but they redid it for a wading  pool.
Donny and Jay BBQing and lying to each other.
Watching the sparrows and hummingbirds at my brother's house.
Okay I'm going to post this, hopefully I will be able to post pictures easily next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment