Sunday, September 6, 2015

Back in the USA at a BLM


We are back home now. It's Labor Day weekend and we are finally getting caught up on all of the chores that didn't get done this summer.  I didn't know I had so many people reading my blog while we were gone.  So I am going to continue with our travels through my journal and pictures.  Basically I get to go on the trip again and download more pictures because I have decent Internet.  They have it in Alaska, but it's sketchy and it takes forever for pictures to download.  Anyway, buckle your seat belts and let's go to down the road.

One of the nice things about turning 62, (for Jay) is the senior pass you can buy for the national park system.  Most places you camp, you get 50% off.  The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has a lot of basic dry camping spots that are pretty cheap to free and if you have a senior pass, you usually only pay half price.  The Milepost has one such campground that is outside of Chicken, so we decided to stay there for the night.  Buddy and I were super excited to be camping for $5 a night.  The only downside was that there was a warning of mosquitoes.  It was really pretty and it did have a ton of mosquitoes.  They didn't bother Buddy, he chews tobacco, or me too much, but the rest of the group basically stayed inside their RV's looking out.  


Forty Mile BLM campground  

There is a beaver lodge there, but you can't really see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment