Friday, June 28, 2013

Florence Oregon

I have been trying to post pictures to this blog from my ipad and I have discovered an app, so I am going to try it here.  We spent our second night in a state park near Fort Bragg.  It was really pretty and full of kids and tents.  I was really surprised that there were more tents than anything else.  You could tell who the locals were because they had 10 blue tarps strung up over their entire campsites.  There is a reason everything is so green.  It's called rain!  We followed hwy. 1 up to Legget.  Found a few places that we want to come back to and stay for 3 or 4 days.  You would have to stay that long because the road is so slow and twisty.  I enjoyed it more than Jay because he was driving.  Just when he thought we were on our way I told Jay that I wanted to drive through the Ave. of the Giants, yet another slow, winding road.  It was really pretty there and he was in such a better mood after we ate lunch.  He hasn't been eating as much as usual.  Kinda scary.  We spent the night at the Elks'Lodge in Brookings, OR.  So far all of the Elks' Lodges have been really nice and cheap!  We continued up the coast and stopped at the Crazy Norwegian to have chowder and fish and chips.  I finally replaced my coffee cup that I bought here a few years back.  Last night we again stayed at the Elks in FlorenceOR. They have a really nice park outside of town.  Today we are going to go up to Cloverdale and meet up with a friend of mine from college, Katy Muldoon.  They have a beach house there, so we will take up a bit of driveway space.  We need to find an RV repair guy.  Our water heater is sounding like a shotgun when it ignites.  Obviously a gas and lighter mistiming.  Too much gas and a late ignition.  Going to try to get some pictures on this thing (again) someday it will happen.  I  hope.  Oh, thanks Pam for taking care of my fridge and goodies.  OMG it worked.  There is Jay setting up camp in the rain.  Then a picture of Arcata Square.  Where I went to college.  Saw two dread-headeds walking a yak down the street and didn't have my camera.  Not much has changed there since 1976!  Just the kids or grandkids of the orginals.  The next two are of our drive from Fort Bragg to Brookings.  Now that I can get pictures posted . . . you will see too many I'm sure. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your having a awesome time! Enjoy the cool weather, it's 109 today and going to be 113 tomorrow

    ReplyDelete