Monday, December 29, 2014

93 more school days and 170ish actual days.

The kids always come up with something wonderful to do for my birthday since I am such a baby about it.  It is 9 days before Christmas.  Last year we took a class on how to throw pottery and this year we are taking cooking lessons the 11th of January. I will let you know how that goes.  I gave myself a birthday present and we are all going to do a 5k Color Run on January 24th.  Mind you, I haven't run consistently since 1999.  Then I could run for 30 minutes at 6 mph no problem. I am now a decade and a half older and 20 pounds heavier.  I found a podcast cast called NHS C25K ( Couch to 5 K) training,  program.  I was crazy happy that I have finally figured out what a podcast is.  The kids listen to them all of the time.  Anyway, it is a 9 week program that gently leads you into running a 5K (approx. 3 miles).  I have been doing it really inconsistently since Thanksgiving, mainly because I am a morning person and it is too dark and early to run before I go to work and it is too dark (and I am too lazy) to do it after work.  But now I am off for vacation for three weeks and have been doing the program every other day.  Today was the first run for week 4.  Five minute warm-up, run 3 min, walk 90 sec., run 5 min., walk 2 1/2 min. repeat.  I was really scared to do it and I was supposed to do it yesterday, but the Ipod battery went dead.  Darn! ;)  But it is now charged and wonder of wonders, I did it and didn't die!  4 more weeks until the race and 5 more weeks of  the program.  LOL well at least I will be in better shape than I was when I thought up this idea.  Hopefully I can keep it up when school goes back into session.

On another note, we are going to go to Jalama for New Year's again.  Well, technically the weekend after.  Same group of friends and a friend that I haven't seen since we worked at BofA together 25 years ago.  Love Facebook for letting old friends connect again.

Sometime soon, we will be getting together with our neighbors, Buddy and Judy, to plan our trip to Alaska for the summer of 2015. 

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment