Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Break: Up the Coast 2013

Well, it's Spring Break for me and as I told Mr. L before he retired, he needed to leave the mountain once in a while.  We decided to go up the coast for a few days, but first, I had to go to my retirement counseling to see if I will be able to retire in a few years.  Good news, looks like it will happen.  Let me tell you, I truly love my husband. He was a really good sport about going wherever my heart desired this last week.  We went camping at Pt. Mugu, through San Simeon and ended up at Plaskett Creek campground in Big Sur.  It is really pretty, but with a truck and a huge camper on the back, it is very hard to get around on that windy, two lane road.  After a complete day of reading and putting together a jigsaw puzzle, I was done.  You can't ride your bike there, well you can, but you will see everything in 5 seconds.  The beach was dog friendly, but small and I didn't find any hiking trails.  Kinda boring. We stared at each other for a while, laughed that we needed to bring more people with us next time and went home a day early. What am I going to do when I retire?!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment